Thursday, August 2, 2007

Week 6, Thing 14

I have "discovered" Technorati and explored how tags work with blogs. I "read" the tour, spent a lot of time checking out the site, and, yes, I am amazed at how much is out there.

Checking out "Learning 2.0" as instructed, I found 27,125 Blog posts, 521 Blogs, and then I went into tags (after I discovered that they can be found under advanced search). The tag results were presented differently. They included Blog posts, videos and photos.

I also checked out the top favorited blogs (Boing, Boing led with 2,443 members), the top searches (noelia - whom I had never heard of, but apparently her sex tape is popular since she leads the pack), and the top blogs (Engadget-Authority-29,945 was the winner here). This led me to explore what authority meant. I found an explanation from Steve Rubel (www.micropersuasion.com). Apparently, it is "in-bound links", i.e., popularity. I do plan to ask my son if he is familiar with Engadget, since he keeps up with the latest in technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home